Thursday, December 19, 2013

Good Morning Istanbul!

Good Morning Istanbul!

Coming from the west, from the United States, I have an idea of how things should be, what is beautiful, what is art.  It isn't set, only an interpretation, my upbringing, my training, or waht I like to call my programming, but, being human a creature of habit, I tend to gravitate to the familiar, as most humans do.

In order to come to a larger understanding of truth it becomes necessary to challenge one's own perceptions, one's beliefs, so as to not fall into the sort of myopic viewpoints of the world of which we are so critical of others for having.  This is the purpose of the Socratic question, isn't it?  To analyze one's programming, to make sure that our belief structures still apply to us and to disertain whether or not they still apply to us and whether or not they are suitable to live one's life by.  If we are to arrive at a higher understanding, a more complete truth it is important to look into the ways in which we interpret the world and decide whether this is something we have thought through for oursleves or whether this is something that has been handed down to us, that we have simply accepted and made part of our routine way of thinking, our habit.

Having recieved the vast majority of my programming from Western thought I feel that the best way for me to expand is to go east.  This, therefore is a record of that journey.  A search for the source that goes back farther than American history, back farther than the invention of Art, to truths older than Socrates and Jesus.

This is my exploration into Primary Form.


The Blue Mosque at sunrise, Istanbul, Turkey




Inside the Blue Mosque, Istanbul.




No comments:

Post a Comment